Pálinka Festival Budapest
Budapest Pálinka Festival | 16. – 19. May 2013 | Buda Castle, Budapest
The Budapest Pálinka Festival just like the Wine Festival takes place in the beautiful, historic castle district of Budapest with a romantic view over the city. Even though it is called Pálinka Festival you also get there wine since many wine producers also make their own Pálinka. The difference between the two is that at the Pálinka Festival you will get drunk much faster if you are properly trying all the different types, producers and tastes.
Pálinka is a typical Hungarian fruit brandy which can be made out of any fruit you can imagine, from the very traditional ones such as plum or pear to strawberry, raspberry and other more exotic variants. There are also different types of making the Pálinka such as adding honey to it to make it sweeter (mézes) or to leave some fruits in the Pálinka (ágyas). So there is a lot to try and taste on the Pálinka Festival in Budapest, you definitely will not get bored and will not stay sober for sure.
Pálinka Festival Photos
Pálinka Festival News
- The program of this years Pálinka Festival in Budapest is out. Next to tasty shots and Hungarian food you will get something on your ears again with live performances. So here is the 2013 Budapest Pálinka Festival Program:
16 MAY THURSDAY
6 pm Sena
- Few minutes ago the final dates for this years Budapest Pálinka Festival have been announced. As in the last years the event takes place in May as well but a week later than 2012, the final dates are 16. - 19. May 2013.
During these 4 days you have the c...
- Today on May 10th the Budapest Pálinka Festival starts in the Buda Castle under the slogan "year of the apricot" meaning you should get familiar with apricot Pálinka. Barack as it is called in Hungarian is one of the most popular types of Pálinka probably...
- Recently the organizers of the Budapest Pálinka Festival released the list of Pálinka and additional exhibitors for this year. A few more than last year but mostly the same good Pálinkas will be available next weekend (10.-13. May 2012) in the Buda Castle...
- Finally there is confirmation about the dates of the Budapest Pálinka Festival and the Budai Gourmet in Millenaris Park. We had to wait some time to get exact dates but now you can mark your calendars and get excited. Well at least for the Pálinka Festiva...
Pálinka Festival Information
Location: Budai Vár (Castle Disctrict)
Entrance Fee: 1.900 HUF per day per person
Official Website: Click here